Kelley's bandage was once again not working very well, so we decided since it needed replacing anyway we'd wash her hair. We got an opportunity to see her ear again. It's remarkable how much the swelling has gone down. John and I were really glad to see how good it's starting to look.
We did have a question this morning, however, that facilitated a call to Dr. Reinisch. While John was washing her hair, he noticed some fluid build up in her skull - up high where she is shaved. It's a little scary because you can tell it's a decent sized fluid build up, but thankfully he said that it wasn't anything to be concerned about and that her body will just resorb it. I'm very thankful that we don't have to take her in for any drainage catheters and such.
So, we've fashioned a new way for Kelley to wear the bandage - John made it similar to a headband, and he used the spirit gum adhesive to secure the bandage to the ear cup. Now we've relieved the itching problem, the massively tangled hair problem, and it's staying in place pretty well. It's certainly a relief for her. Plus, it's made it so that the looky-loos (people staring) have much less to stare at.
Life is returning to normal around here. Hooray!