Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One week post op today! And we're home!

Ok, we are one week post-op. Kelley's steri-strips on her tummy came off yesterday, and she hasn't had any trouble with them so far. She was quite curious last night about the stitches on her tummy, though. She wanted to know all about that yesterday - "What are stitches?" "How do they put them on me?" "Will they always be there?" Kind of hard to explain to a 4 year old, but she seemed to understand.

The doctor warned us that she would get swollen on her right cheek and under her eye, and sure enough, she did. It took a little longer than we thought it would, but it doesn't seem to be slowing her down. She looks a little like she has a healing black eye. We will be changing out her bandage again on Thursday, so I should be able to get pictures of her post-op ear then.

The flight home Sunday was uneventful, and we are home. The lines at LAX were unreal, but we got there in plenty of time. Several people that were in the line with us missed their flights because from curb to gate was over an hour. It was CRAZY.

A special thanks goes out to Kevin Corcoran for driving us to and home from the airport, and to Kristin and Julie. I cannot tell you how awesome it was to come home to a clean, picked up house. I'm utterly and totally embarrassed at how messy it was, but you both know me well enough to know that my house never really gets "clean."

And what a strange place Los Angeles is. Everything is "tagged" with gang graffiti. I thought this was a wierd place for 'tagging,' - a grocery store bathroom toilet seat. So, people are putting their butts down on the name of your gang and doing their business. Oh the irony.

We drove through Beverly Hills - the richie rich parts, or as my Dad refers to them - "Got Rocks Acres." We drove by a home that had about 2 million dollars worth of Ferrari's parked in front of it. I got a picture. Who lives like that? Dang! And...my last celebrity sighting - we're standing curbside at LAX, and I'm giving Kelley some pretty stern safety instructions - you know the kind - "Stay close, make sure you can always touch one of us, etc." I looked up and immediately to my right was Diana Ross, and her 'people.'

Anyway - it's good to home in a place where I can drink water out of a drinking fountain and not gag. Yay Portland. I'll be posting current pics as soon as I can.

No comments: